FORUMS: list search recent posts

uncommon match move issue

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack King
uncommon match move issue
on Oct 26, 2010 at 7:32:10 pm

Hi there everyone,

i'm relatively new to motion tracking in motion and i'm very frustrated at getting stuck already. I can't find a solution on this site.

My problem is that I want to track the movement of someones eye in order to apply the bulge filter - and hence to make their eyes appear bigger.

I begin by analyzing the motion of the eye (this is fine), and then i'm trying to apply match move to the motion so that the filter goes along with it. However, in the inspector there isn't any media image for 'source' under match move, nor will it allow me to click on the button which is supposed to allow me to track the filter to the analyzed motion. (as in this tutorial:

Can someone please please please help me? I really didn't expect to struggle with this, i'm guessing it may be something i've clicked, or a setting - but i can't find a solution.

Thanks loads,

Jack :)

p.s - i'm not getting a little yellow crosshair either when i first choose match move. If thats of any use.

Return to posts index

Andrea Breiholz
Re: uncommon match move issue
on Oct 30, 2010 at 4:18:19 am

Hi Jack! I don't know if this will help, but I was having a similar issue with the crosshair not showing up after applying match move. This was my solution, and I hope it helps you as well. I went up to view on the toolbar and made sure that "show overlays" was checked. This brought the crosshair into view and sourced my video in the inspector panel.

If this had nothing to do with your issue I apologize in advance! :) I'm pretty new at this.

Hope to hear that you figure this out soon.
Take care!

Andrea

Return to posts index

Andrea Breiholz
on Oct 30, 2010 at 4:44:22 am

Hi Jack! I don't know if this will help, but I was having a similar issue with the crosshairs not showing up after applying match move. This was my solution, and I hope it helps you as well. I went up to view on the toolbar and made sure that "show overlays" was checked. This brought the crosshair into view and sourced my video in the
If this had nothing to do with your issue I apologize in advance! :) I'm pretty new at this.

Hope to hear that you figure this out soon.
Take care!

Andrea

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 1, 2010 at 3:04:14 pm

You need to have your clip in the timeline / project pane twice. One to track and then one to apply the bulge to. It you have only one clip in your timeline then you will not get a "Source" box. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jack King
on Dec 28, 2010 at 6:31:07 pm

HI stephen

been away for some time and just come back to finish this project!

took your advise, and now i am getting a source box - but i don't get how to apply to filter to the analyzed motion.

i've got the clip twice on the timeline:
- clip (copy)
- bulge (filter)
- analyze motion

then

- clip
- bulge (filter)
- match move

obviously now i've got two images over the top of each other so i can't see my filter unless i move the one from the top one - but i don't get how to match this up.

i'm really f***kin confused - i'm watching tutorials and reading stuff but no-body seems to be doing the same way, and nothing is working! please help - what do i do next???

thanks man,

jack :)

Return to posts index

Jack King
on Dec 28, 2010 at 6:55:54 pm

wait up, sorry again!

it seems that i have gotten the whole of the image underneath to track the points i've analyzed on the upper track - but i can't get the filter to follow these points.

- by this i mean the anchor cursor in the middle that can move the image about seems to have inherited the analyzed motion rather than the filter. Eh!!!??? can you help????

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]