FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video fine on RAM preview but corrupted on final render

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
Video fine on RAM preview but corrupted on final render
on Oct 23, 2010 at 12:57:11 pm

I'm getting close to the end of a project and Motion is has suddenly started to freak me out... while everything looks fine in a RAM preview, when I render the video out to a QT, it ends up with corruption.

The project is pretty basic; I have 6 different "sets" which are layered PSDs that have been spread out in 3D space, with the camera flying to and around them. Since I'm using on a 4-year-old MacBook Pro which can bog down pretty quickly when working in 3D, I decided that the best thing to do would be to build each set as a separate project with its own "internal" camera animation, then render each set out as a QT which I could then position in 3D space and have the camera fly between.

The PSDs were supplied to me as 1440x1152 and the final destination will be PAL SD. I figured I could work at 1440x1152 (which is exactly double PAL resolution) and then simply render out the final version at half-size.

Anyway, everything was going fine until about an hour ago. Every time I try rendering out the set I've been working on, the video ends up corrupted. The weird thing is that RAM previews look fine.

RAM preview:

Final render:

I've tried different codecs, and they don't seem to make any difference. I've tried with motion blur on and off, DOF on and off, and in Draft, Normal and Best. I've also trashed the prefs several times, but doing that has never helped me before and it's not helping me now :( The result is always the same - RAM previews look perfect, final renders are corrupted.

Any suggestions very gratefully received!

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Video fine on RAM preview but corrupted on final render
on Oct 23, 2010 at 2:07:41 pm

Looks like you did not clean your images well in photoshop. Can you please double check your images in photoshop against black background.

If this is not the case then, copy and paste all of your groups, layers from one motion project into another and than save it and render it again.

But my bet is your images are not cleaned well.

Give it a go and let me know.

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Oct 24, 2010 at 4:35:54 am

Pasting everything into a new project fixed it - cheers Zak!

FWIW the images were all cleaned up perfectly; a Photoshop guru spent hours doing it. It appears to be some kind of flakiness in Motion that caused the problem. And if the images hadn't been cleaned up properly, surely that would show up in the RAM previews anyway?

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Oct 24, 2010 at 6:37:54 am

No Problem,

Glad to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]