FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stretching time of a template project in Motion 3?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Stretching time of a template project in Motion 3?
on Oct 22, 2010 at 5:01:20 pm

I'm working with the template "Directions HD" in Motion 3. This has a drop zone that moves around in 3-d space and some orange stroke-based arrows flying around with four sets of text builds and will work great for my needs... if I can stretch it out to fit a 30, instead of the 15 it is now.

What I'm looking for is a tip on how best to stretch this baby out. The layering is rather complex, and I want to keep the relationships of all the elements basically the same, but the first five moves of the drop zone and all the text builds are 2 seconds apiece, and I need to double those more or less so all the action runs to about the 25 second mark.

What I started doing was to work backwards, just dragging out the timelines for the background, lights, and camera, to 30 seconds and that works fine, but the other layers are trickier, because they inter-relate more intricately. it is hard to know which of them to grab and drag out and perhaps re-position on the timeline.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks as always.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Stretching time of a template project in Motion 3?
on Oct 22, 2010 at 5:02:32 pm

This is the one:

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:17:40 pm

Is the animation of the layers done with keyframes or behaviors?

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:38:01 pm

Looks like keyframes at first glance, the keyframe adjustment window looks like a kitten has been playing with tons of colored yarn:-)

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Oct 22, 2010 at 9:53:34 pm

Take a look at my Heart Rate Monitor tutorial on my website for an explanation on how to use the Box Tool. It allows you to stretch keyframes relative to each other. It should help you with what you're trying to do.

Heart Rate Tutorial

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 25, 2010 at 1:15:26 pm

A-ha! Neat tutorial on use of the bounding box for keyframe modification, I'll give it a try today!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 26, 2010 at 4:22:44 pm

I am ashamed and chagrinned to say, this thing is still kicking my butt. Trying to make the whole thing 30 seconds, the text drops 4 seconds each, and getting the drop zone shots to line up with the new timing of the text pieces is confusing the heck out of me. I'm probably looking at changing the elements in the wrong order? Going to try just altering the camera keyframes first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]