FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time-Remap Bug???

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rafael August
Time-Remap Bug???
on Oct 13, 2010 at 8:18:51 pm

Hello,

I'm sending clips from FCP to motion to use the time remap function in the properties tab of the inspector and when I change from constant speed to variable speed the picture drops out and becomes black.

The footage is shoot in HDV and is also backed up using pro res 422hq. When I send the footage compressed with either codec the same thing happens.

If I import the footage directly to Motion then the time remap function works properly with both condecs.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks,

Rafael

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Time-Remap Bug???
on Oct 14, 2010 at 1:20:53 am

I'd just import directly. Might be a bug but time remap + send to Motion + HDV is just way too many variables.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 14, 2010 at 3:07:39 pm

I've ran into the same problem. Just one DVCPro HD 1080i60 clip with no filters or time remapping applied. Select clip and send to Motion. In Motion I change from Constant Speed to Variable speed and the clip disappears. Change back to Constant Speed and the clip re-appears. If I import the same clip directly into Motion then it works like a champ. I have no idea as to what is causing that. The Set Speed behavior is awesome and works either way.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jason Berube
on Nov 5, 2010 at 11:39:55 am

I also encounter that problem. I found a remedy for this bug a few minutes ago.

Only occurs "Send to Motion"

After setting time remap to variable speed, preview screen will become black.
Look at sequence total frame # and enter that number to "Out" field.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]