FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working in the right resolution for web

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Moran
Working in the right resolution for web
on Oct 12, 2010 at 9:36:10 am

Hi all,

I'm in need of some advice for setting up Motion. Currently I am doing a lot of work for the web which mainly comprised of text and some graphic elements (no video).

What resolution should I be working in to get the best performance out of Motion?

I know the video size on output needs to be in HD so I have been working in DVCPro HD which is taking a long time to export everything out.

Is there a better format to work in that will give me sharp graphics on output and not slow down performance?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Working in the right resolution for web
on Oct 12, 2010 at 2:42:20 pm

When working with text the best thing you can do is be sure to set it to "Best" when you export out your project. Best helps keep text nice and sharp. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

James Moran
on Oct 12, 2010 at 2:56:49 pm

Hi thanks for the advice. I definitely am already using best as my option.
What I really want to know is if I should be leaning towards a better format to start with other than DVCProHD 720p 25, specifically for the web

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Oct 15, 2010 at 7:34:00 am

Yes that setting is fine.
Are you going to export your movies as MP4. if so if you have gradients it would be good to add a bit of noise to your project, this will prevent Binding of your gradients as you export your final project out.

Return to posts index

James Moran
on Oct 15, 2010 at 9:20:05 am

Nice tip thanks,

I guess I'll stick with the setting, my machine is horribly slow at dealing with it at that resolution even working at quarter quality and draft render settings.

Any other tips at getting more performance while working in Motion would be most appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]