FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Backgrounds to Templetes

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Gootee Jr.
Adding Backgrounds to Templetes
on Oct 7, 2010 at 3:43:58 pm

I am working with the "Float" templet in Motion and I want to put a background into it from the library. I can not seem to figure it out. I tried to just place the back ground behind everything as the bottom layer and it just gets locked into the first element of the project. Then i exported the project then the background as different files and layered them on final cut and the black background from the motion project is still on there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Adding Backgrounds to Templetes
on Oct 8, 2010 at 5:13:07 pm

I just tried the same template and it works. Create a group then drop your Background in my case it was a rectangular filled with white colour. I then dropped it into the group I created making sure that the group I created is 2d not 3d. (There is a small icon next to the group if you click it it will change the group from 2d to 3d).

Make sure that your created group is below the grouop in which Motion places template.

In all you need two groups.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Steven Gootee Jr.
on Oct 8, 2010 at 5:17:13 pm

so i need to convert the 3d templet into a 2d group? bcasue when I insert the background it gets fixed to the first group in the project

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Oct 8, 2010 at 6:17:45 pm

No you do not need to do this. Just create new group and position it below the template group. Your group needs to be 2d group not the template.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]