FORUMS: list search recent posts

traveling glow on thin line

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abbey Benowitz
traveling glow on thin line
on Oct 5, 2010 at 9:30:42 pm

Does any one know how to make a traveling glow on thin line? I was thinking it might be accomplished by making a duplicate behind the original line and applying the glow to that with a keyframed traveling gradient mask, but I thought there might be an easier way.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: traveling glow on thin line
on Oct 5, 2010 at 10:56:16 pm

Do you want the thin line to animate or just the glow....or both?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Abbey Benowitz
on Oct 6, 2010 at 1:04:36 pm

Hi Stephen,

I'd like the glow to animate or travel down the line in a smooth way. The line itself can stay still. I know I've seen this effect many times, and am hoping to be able to do it in Motion. Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 6, 2010 at 4:49:29 pm

In this case I think the easiest thing to do is to create a bezier line below the other line. Or if your current line is already a bezier or b-spline line or something duplicate it. Change its color to a yellowish color. Make sure you are working with the shapes outline and not the fill in the Shape tab. Add a Write On behavior. That will animate the line so it writes onto the screen. You can add a Gaussian blur to the line to blur it or set the Brush Type to Airbrush to give it a glowy feel. That is one option. Hope I made sense and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]