FORUMS: list search recent posts

simple visual effect problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike albertini
simple visual effect problem
on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:17:02 pm

Hi,

i have a mid shot which includes a biscuit/cracker within the shot at the bottom of the frame,which for continuity reasons, needs to be darkened to make it appear as if the brown spread (in this case marmite) which is on the cracker in another shot, is on the cracker in this shot...I have at my disposal apple motion4, photoshop cs3 and after effects cs4...As I'm working in FCP, and it seems like a simple problem, I'm using Motion to fix it...What I've done so far is drawn a dark shape onto the cracker, given it a blend mode etc and used the shape tracker to keep the shape on the cracker at all times...the effect looks ok until near the end of the shot where the person in the shot puts their hand next to the cracker - not on it - just next to it, and the blackish shape just seems to be erased...as if all the black pixels are just being wiped away, replaced by the pinky pixels of the hand...I guess the solution could lie somewhere in duplicated layers and masks but dont have the time to experiment at the moment...can someone please offer me the solution...btw this is DV footage...

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: simple visual effect problem
on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:31:45 pm

Are you saying your mask or shape is going bad at the end or shadows from the hand are changing the color or the cracker which effects the blend mode color?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

mike albertini
on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:01:31 pm

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for getting back to me...I meant the shape is going bad at the end...here's the clip...

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 5, 2010 at 2:38:33 pm

I did not see the Jam shape mess up? Anyways, an option is to select the jam shape and go up to Object, Convert to Keyframe. Delete the last keyframes that went bad and do the remaining part of the clip by hand. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

mike albertini
on Oct 7, 2010 at 12:18:00 pm

Hi Stephen,

Ok, I'll try doing the last part manually...btw, the problem is in the last second of this seven second clip, so its after around six seconds the shape is erased...can you please take a closer look and let me know what you think...

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 11, 2010 at 2:42:41 pm

Sorry Mike, I guess I'm blind. I can't see a shape disappear. In my defense I was sick over the weekend and maybe my eyes have not recovered completely. The shape is right by the knife right?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

mike albertini
on Oct 13, 2010 at 12:14:00 am

Hi Stephen,

Thats ok...the black round shape is on the cracker, which is on the blue sandwich box, on the white chair, at the bottom of the screen - its a black blob which is meant to replicate marmite - a tangy jam like substance we have in England...having used the shape tracker to keep the black blob on the cracker, the shape works fine for the first six seconds, but then as the hand goes near it, the shape disappears - it is in the last second of the clip it disappears - i'm wondering why it happened as it seemed a pretty simple track and the hand doesnt even touch the shape...is it because the tracker in motion is crap or some other reason..? Hope you're feeling better...

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]