FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion crash through operation

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Weber
Motion crash through operation
on Oct 2, 2010 at 7:21:00 pm

Hey I'm woking on a 30 second spot for class and was wondering if someone could help me out, I understand FCP and the concept of the timeline, however motion is another story...

My desired look would be to have:

1. A video playing

2. A logo that comes from behind the video towards the viewer, crashing through (and breaking) the "screen" that the video is on, to reveal a template behind the original screen.

I know there are probably a few ways to do this, but if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

*I already have the video exported as a .mov and was wondering if my starting point would be to drop it in a full screen drop zone in motion?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Motion crash through operation
on Oct 3, 2010 at 8:13:20 am

You need three layers.
One at the back would be your Template Layer or a group.
After this layer you need to position your rendered movie that you want to break. (to break it you need to use Shatter filter from Boris FX, this in my opinion is the best Shutter filter for Motion or you can use fxtiles from http://www.boinx.com/fxtiles/overview/).

Then you need to animate your third object (Logo) to come from behind the camera. Open the position of the object and animate Z position of your logog. When you reach your desired position of the logo then animate the shutter of your rendered video. So that it looks like it crashes into video and breaks it apart.

Best of luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]