FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing/swapping PNG's in project

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Morrill
Replacing/swapping PNG's in project
on Sep 30, 2010 at 3:21:55 pm

Hi, I'm looking for an easy way to switch out one PNG for another in my Motion Project.

Basically, I'm making ~100 bumpers for a screening and I'm using the same animation for every bumper. While the animation is the same, each bumper has a different title. I have every title saved as its own PNG.

Ideally, I'd like to find a way to replace the title that's currently being used for another title and it would retain the previous title's position and scale. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Replacing/swapping PNG's in project
on Sep 30, 2010 at 3:29:29 pm

You may want to consider building this as a Motion Template. To learn how click on this link: Building Motion Templates.

As for your question. You can swap pngs by, selecting the new image in the File Browser. Then drag it on to the old image in the Timeline or Project Pane. Wait for a hooked shaped arrow and then let go. It will swap the images.

Or you can select your image. Go to the Properties tab. Go down to Media and you will see a box that says "To". Select it and you can choose any other image in the timeline.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Sam Morrill
on Sep 30, 2010 at 3:32:54 pm

Boom. Thanks, Stephen.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 30, 2010 at 3:36:52 pm

Happy to help. Best of luck and you may want to also check out this link as well: Getting started with Motion Templates.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]