Working with a clip of some newspapers lying on a green screen, the camera was attached to a jib arm and glided over top of them, pointed straight down. What I'd like to do is remove the headlines with a Mask and replace with new text.
I used Syntheyes to track the camera move, then exported to Motion. So now I've got a camera in Motion that mimics the camera move within the shot, so I thought it would be an easy job to link a Mask that I've made to the Camera. And that's where things have gotten tricky...
I figured out what's going on here. When I export to Motion from Syntheyes, I end up with a camera that's mimicking the move within the footage, so no linking or match moving is required. Once I flatten my new graphics onto the X axis, they automatically move with the footage because that's what the camera is set to do. The only troubleshooting is getting your graphic in the right spot so that it doesn't drift.
Not trying to attach a mask anymore, just creating a new group, creating a shape within that group, then repositioning. The matte shape 'mask's the original newspaper headline, at which point I can use the text tool to create a new one. Also have to reposition the text at that point.
Actually very easy, Syntheyes is a wicked program.
Should have spent more time playing around before posting, but thanks anyway!