FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sections of Outputs Stall at Full Size

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Reuben
Sections of Outputs Stall at Full Size
on Sep 26, 2010 at 1:16:42 pm

I have a 2 minute Motion project that contains a section composed of five image sequences that have between 500 and 600 frames each. Each of these sequences is composed of 900k tiffs that have an alpha channel allowing a static background image to show behind an animated product. Frame size is 1280x720.

The project is then output to a Quicktime movie at project settings. When I play the movie at full size everything flows perfectly until it gets to the sequences described above. Then the image animation starts for about a half second and freezes until the next animation sequence comes in and stalls again. The Quicktime movie is runs at speed, it just has these stalling sections.

But if I output at half size (640x360) the animations all run perfectly with no problems at all.

I've tried H.264, 422, Uncompressed - all results are the same. Machine is a Mac Pro, quad core, 10 gig of RAM.

Any and all help is much appreciated (and hopefully very quickly!)

Thanks!

Martin Reuben

http://www.trgstudios.com

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Sections of Outputs Stall at Full Size
on Sep 26, 2010 at 2:52:01 pm

Outputting with current project settings will create a file with the Animation codec that is not designed to be played back. If you are outputting for your final destination, you should output to that codec - e.g., if you are going to the web, output to h264 with one of the web presets. If you are going to Final Cut Pro, you could drop the file you made into FCP and then render it to your sequence codec and it should play fine.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]