snap template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Newton
snap template
on Sep 22, 2010 at 8:24:03 pm

Hey

I have motion 4

and have been trying to use the SNAP TEMPLATE -- but I can't delete the text on the template --- it doesn't do anything -- can you suggest why???

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: snap template
on Sep 22, 2010 at 8:29:35 pm

That is because the text is in a Clone Layer. The text you want to effect is in the "Text Elements(for Clone Layer). That is the top layer. You can change the text there. You can delete all of the text in the Format tab and that way the empty text place holder is still there if you need it. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Dan Newton
on Sep 22, 2010 at 8:39:14 pm

thanks

but I am new to motion:

so i open the snap template -- the thing is on the others i click the text tool and click on title -- and it can be easily deleted -- whilst, on the snap template it seems to be all one layer -- so could you give me more tips / help in solving this issue...

thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 22, 2010 at 8:43:49 pm

Dan,
I'm happy to help. Most of the other templates are a lot easier to work with so don't get frustrated because of this one. To make sure we are on the same page. Are you working with the Snap Lower Third, Snap Menu or the Snap open?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Dan Newton
on Sep 22, 2010 at 8:46:42 pm

Hey

Thanks again for getting back to me ---

I am workign on Snap Menu ---

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 22, 2010 at 9:28:48 pm

Alright, so here is what you need to do. Click on the Project (F5 key for shortcut) or Timing (F6 key for short cut) button in the top right corner of the screen. The first layer under the Camera is called the "Text Elements" group. Click on the triangle to the left of the word "Text Elements". That will reveal a bunch of text layers and another group. Click on the triangle for the "Clone Layers of Text" group and Group 1 represents the first text you see. You can delete that if you don't want the text. Hope this is what you wanted to know and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Dan Newton
on Sep 23, 2010 at 11:48:37 pm

Thanks a million buddy

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 24, 2010 at 2:34:38 pm

Happy to help and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Nathan Hammer
on Apr 9, 2011 at 10:27:31 pm

Stephen,

I have been banging my head against a wall for hours trying to figure this out, substituting the text found in the Snap template (both the Snap-Menu and Snap-Open) and I followed the directions you gave and saw how to delete it, but is there a way to just type in the text I want, because I think that template is pretty cool, and I'd like to have my text follow the same pattern as there sample text.
Is there a way for me to just select the "Inset Title Here" and type in what I want?

I really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 12, 2011 at 8:57:49 pm

Yes, In the project pane or Timeline click on the discloser triangle for the Text Elements group so it shows everything in the group. Select one of the layers such as "Title Info Here" and then hit F4 to open up the Text tab, in the Format section you can change the text. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]