FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion project doesn't play smoothly

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Minskoff
Motion project doesn't play smoothly
on Sep 19, 2010 at 12:38:02 pm

I animated a still image in Motion 4 but when it plays in FCP 7 it doesn't play smooth at all. In the motion project I simply added an image and then added a camera. I then added a move behavior and repositioned the image as well as have it zoom out. The problem is it looks very Jittery/choppy does anyone know why this would be happening and if so any ways to fix it?
Thank you,
Brad

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Motion project doesn't play smoothly
on Sep 19, 2010 at 2:20:11 pm

Did you embed the Motion project in FCP? If so, did you render it? If so, what is your sequence codec?

If you exported from Motion, what settings did you use and what are your FCP sequence settings?

Impossible to answer your question without this info.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Brad Minskoff
on Sep 19, 2010 at 3:42:44 pm

My sequence setting in FCP is DV NTSC 48kHz, 720x480, 29.97 fps, NTSC-CCIR 601/DV. My Motion settings are NTSC DV and MiniDV projects, 720x480 resolution.
I was just importing the motion file into FCP and then rendering it in FCP but that was not working out for me. I just exported the Motion file as a movie and imported it into FCP which seems to be playing much better. Does this sound like it is the best way for me to work? I have a lot more still images that I need to animate in motion, so I am just going to export them as movies. I appreciate your help and if you could please let me know if this makes sense that would be great.
Thank you,
Brad

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Sep 19, 2010 at 4:22:45 pm

Why is rendering Motion projects in your fcp timeline not working for you? And why are you working with NTSC-DV?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Brad Minskoff
on Sep 19, 2010 at 4:59:14 pm

Rendering Motion project in my FCP timeline is now working it was not earlier. I am working with NTSC-DV because the video I am working in is captured from mini DV tape and also footage of of two old FLIP camcorders.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]