FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to do basic 4 point motion track?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Klusman
How to do basic 4 point motion track?
on Sep 18, 2010 at 10:16:27 pm

Having problems with attaching 4 corners of a smaller clip onto 4 individual analyze motion track points on a larger clip with Motion 3. The four motion track points were generated by the actor holding a piece of rectangular foam board and moving it in 3D. Add Behavior>Parameter>track was done four times onto the smaller clip with each of the four track behaviors attached to each of the four motion track points and driving the various four corners of the clip.

This produces some kind of motion of the smaller clip but the four corners do not perfectly match. The overall frame of the smaller clip does not distort while one corner of the image inside the frame does detach while the other three do not.

I am running motion 3. I know this can be done in motion 4 as I've seen a demo of the finished result online. Anybody know of a good turtorial or the best way to drive the 4 corners of the smalle clip please let me know.

Thanks!
Paul

Return to posts index

Paul Klusman
Re: How to do basic 4 point motion track?
on Sep 19, 2010 at 2:44:53 am

Never mind!

I figured it out. Add Behavior>Motion Tracking>Match Move onto the smaller clip. Set the match move to "four corners", turn off the small clip so you can see the corners of the big clip and attach the 4 track indicator circles to the four points on the big clip. So easy!!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: How to do basic 4 point motion track?
on Sep 19, 2010 at 2:50:37 am

Thanks for taking the time to post back your solution - it's always helpful for someone....

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]