FORUMS: list search recent posts

Double Alpha Overlays and Tranisions In Apple Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmylee Remillard
Double Alpha Overlays and Tranisions In Apple Motion
on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:43:58 pm

Hello, I am very new to Digital Juice and also only have half a years experience with Apple Motion and design. So, please bare with me if these questions are trivial.

I just picked up a few products from DJ (10 Editors Toolkit Pro Singles, Motion Designers Toolkit and Video Traxx HD 2) and am having trouble with a few things.

First, let me just get this out. I think its really silly to not have an option that allows me to install all the data on the ETKS and VideoTraxx. It makes it so much more difficult to have to always put a CD as I do productions in volume so speed is essential. If anyone knows a work around to this I would greatly appreciate it.

Second, I tried for hours to research how to use Double Alphas in Apple Motion and there is nothing that helps me with this. There is also no help from DJ either. Not having the Transitions and Overlays really cuts down the worth of these products. I know this is probably an easy fix but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Maybe I'm rendering them wrong?

Last, as I stated before a bulk of quality web commercials so speed is important, but quality is also very important. Does anyone know of any tutorials that could help me speed up / improve my commercial making abilities? I watch all kinds of tutorials but they are usually directed at other types of video production, i.e trailers, flash intros and other quick 15sec or less productions. I do 60sec commercials made up of mainly pictures and test. (hope to soon have a fast way to put video and some nice backgrounds and overlays in)

Thanks a lot for anyone that can help me.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Double Alpha Overlays and Tranisions In Apple Motion
on Sep 11, 2010 at 1:49:54 am

What do you mean by double alpha overlays?

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Jimmylee Remillard
on Sep 11, 2010 at 12:21:50 pm

If you go to http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/products.asp?pid=787 (this is one of the products I purchased) you will see that they offer transitions in the form of double alphas. They have a rendering program called "The Juicer" it allows me to render the files as needed for my projects. When i render the transparent (or should be transparent) parts are black and white. I don't know how to get them to transition as they should.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Sep 11, 2010 at 9:54:43 pm

Well, without seeing the way the effect is presented, it'll be hard to help you. However, if part of the transition is a black and white clip, then I would use an image mask to bring out the transparency element.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 11, 2010 at 11:28:19 pm

I think you meant to say that it has alpha rendered separately to the movie. When you render your final animation do you get two movies, one colour and one black and white. If you do then use the black and white movie and drop it in the mask. I think Mark Spencer have created a tutorial on his website a year ago where he actually uses two movies as I have explained above to create a mask.

I think you need to see this video tutorial, make sure you say thanks to Mark for making this tutorial free so that we can all learn from it. http://pixelcorps.cachefly.net/macbreak-157-540p-h264a.mov

I hope this helps, do let me know please....
z

Return to posts index

Jimmylee Remillard
on Sep 12, 2010 at 6:13:25 pm

Here is a video of my issue.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Sep 12, 2010 at 11:04:58 pm

As Andy said, use an image mask. Apply the image mask (Object > Add Image Mask) to your video (the woman) then drag the matte to the well in the HUD and make sure it's set to Luma, not Alpha.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jimmylee Remillard
on Sep 17, 2010 at 3:42:22 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the help so far. I'll link another video on the progress I made. I can now get 1 part to transition but still can not get the black to transition to the 2 half.

Return to posts index

Jimmylee Remillard
on Sep 17, 2010 at 4:46:28 pm

Here is a tutorial on how it works. Thanks everyone!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]