FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preview image corruption

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Mckinnon
Preview image corruption
on Sep 10, 2010 at 5:38:49 am

Hi All

I am using Motion 4 and when I open it and import any image the image goes black! If I open the colour palette it is also black? If I open a project it is black!

But if I create a new user account and open the same items by running motion as a new account the
preview is fine? I have uninstalled FC studio with all sorts of uninstallers and reinstalled but same issue every time.

Can anyone suggest what may remedy this? It seemed to happen after I downloaded a tutorial
project and after I loaded it I have this issue

Any help is greatly appreciated

Tks Brian

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Preview image corruption
on Sep 10, 2010 at 7:25:05 am

try delighting the preferences of motion. this is always the first thing you need to do when something goes wrong in motion.

You can resolve many issues by restoring Motion back to its original settings. This will not impact your project files. To reset your Motion user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences—the tilde (~) represents your Home folder.
2. Drag the "com.apple.motion.plist" file from the Preferences folder to the Trash.

Also check that your image is RGB not a CMYK colour mode.
see if this helps...

Return to posts index

Brian Mckinnon
on Sep 10, 2010 at 11:34:01 am

Hi Zak

Thanks for the info, I had tried this, just tried it again and unfortunately no go.

Image is RGB not CMYK. Its got me baffled

Rgds Brian

Return to posts index

Brian Mckinnon
on Sep 10, 2010 at 11:41:55 am

Here is a sample screen shot

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 10, 2010 at 4:57:05 pm

I know that it might sound mad. But can you try to open this image in Photoshop then copy and past this image in another photoshop documnet, then add a very small amount of Blur, then save it as RGB/JPG image and import it into motion again.
I think it is your image that is corrupted rather than Motion problem.

Anyway try this and let me know.

Return to posts index

Brian Mckinnon
on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:00:26 pm

Hi Zak

No go, did what u suggested and same result. I can log on to another user and all these images import
perfectly?

Tks Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]