FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to add "camfire flicker" to an image?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Jones
How to add "camfire flicker" to an image?
on Sep 5, 2010 at 5:37:57 am

I have an image of a statue and have added two "etheral flame" generated fires in the front of it off to each side.

What I'd like to do is have the statue image "flicker" to the light of the etheral flames, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it. It need not be exact, any old flicker will do. Think sitting around a campfire- the image should flicker to the campfire light. Seems simple but I cannot do it.

I did kind of an embarrassing hack by adding a "light rays" filter to the image and adding an audio track. I tied the "glow" parameter in the light rays filter to the audio track and then mute the audio on playback. It does pulse brightly to the audio track but I am thinking that this is inartful and imprecise.

Please help!

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: How to add "camfire flicker" to an image?
on Sep 5, 2010 at 9:54:53 am

Cut out the image that you need in photoshop and put it in the desired position. This image will be on it's layer when you import it from photoshop. Then apply a wriggle behavior to a transparency of the image. You can do this by right clicking on a word Opacity in the Inspector and then choosing wriggle. You can then adjust the behavior to what you want in the behavior tab. There are few other behaviors you can use but give this a go and see if this is what you are looking for.

I hope this helps;

P.S
On my site there are quite a few video tutorials,see if any of them help you; http://www.embryo.me.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]