FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle emitters along a motion path

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shawn sanders
Particle emitters along a motion path
on Sep 4, 2010 at 6:00:15 am

I am trying to have a particle emitter (star in,specifically) move along a motion path. I have managed to get this to happen, however, I need to adjust the speed of the emitter as it travels on the path, and have the speed change along specific parts of the path. I can adjust the speed by shrinking the motion path box in the timeline, but this also causes the particles to seperate and spread across the screen.

So my main question is; How do I get the particles to stay together and behave normally as they travel the motion path?

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Particle emitters along a motion path
on Sep 4, 2010 at 8:45:59 am

Have you tried adjusting the life of the particle in the particle settings. this will determent how far the particles will spread in width and height. You can also try to adjust opacity over life. Black means you will not see any particles white means you see everything at 100%.
Let me know how you get on.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Particle emitters along a motion path
on Sep 6, 2010 at 6:39:17 am

If you speed up the emitter moving along the path, then it's normal for the particles to spread out as they move away from the emitter. It's like tossing something out of a moving car. It ends up further away the faster the car is moving.

If you want the emitter to speed up and NOT affect the particles, then I suggest that you clone the particle emitter and apply the Motion path behavior to the clone.

andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]