FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to faking a shot

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crosby
Trying to faking a shot
on Sep 3, 2010 at 4:17:37 pm

Posted at the Apple Motion Forum:

I am running into problems getting a good start with faking a shot. The shot is of a candle ceremony at night. The camera is on the top row of a high school sized set of field bleachers and moves to cover the other side of the field. The far side bleachers have the word ''hope" spelled in candles (in bags). The set-up of the candles is very poor and is not easily read. I want to fix this by writing out the word in Motion using, I thought, a particle to emulate the flicker of the candles. This is the sticking point.

I have so far tracked the clip and applied a mask to the original lettering but can't get a good start on recreating the text-by-candle look.

Clip is available for viewing at http://westnets.com/temp/Luminaries.mov

Any pointers appreciated...

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Don Smith
Re: Trying to faking a shot
on Sep 4, 2010 at 1:45:32 pm

Maybe you're trying to overthink this. I would try this for you but can't download your video but I see that "Hope" is not very readable because it's angled back too far. Just as a quick 'n dirty experiment, duplicate the layer, crop to the word "Hope" on the upper layer and rotate the copied layer on its X axis so that it faces the viewer more. Once rotated you may have to squish it vertically a little. Just take a look at the final frame and if it works, then you'll have to keyframe the crop through the move.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Mark Crosby
Re: Trying to faking a shot
on Sep 5, 2010 at 3:00:36 am

Don, thanks for the idea. Sounded reasonable enough but the result was not pretty. I believe I'm going to have to recreate the word from scratch and match move it into place.

I have a suggestion from the Apple forum I've not had the chance to try out but will post results here as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]