FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving objects placed at the wrong point in the time line

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Crowson
Moving objects placed at the wrong point in the time line
on Sep 2, 2010 at 4:57:58 pm

Hi. I've just spent a couple of hours carefully placing objects in exactly the same place in 25 different title slides, only to find that somehow, after the fifth one I've changed the place at where it appears (3 seconds rather than 0 seconds). Is there any quick way of leaving the object exactly in place but changing the time at which it appears?

Cheers, Andy

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Moving objects placed at the wrong point in the time line
on Sep 2, 2010 at 5:01:49 pm

Can you move the one object three seconds and leave everything else in place?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Andy Crowson
on Sep 2, 2010 at 7:00:36 pm

Thanks for suggestion, but not really. I have learned the hard way...

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Sep 3, 2010 at 5:25:37 pm

I guess I don't really understand the issue. You say that placed 25 objects in exactly the same place only to realize that 20 of them are NOT at the same place?

Do you mean that all 25 objects (layers?) are in the correct position in the canvas, but most of those layers start at the wrong point in time? Or are most of them in the wrong position in the canvas?

Either way, there are ways to apply changes to numerous layers at once. If you need to adjust the start time for a bunch of layers at once, place the playhead in the timeline where you want the layers to go and then SHIFT or CMD select the layers you want to move in the layers pane. Then you can hit I to trim the layers' IN points to the new time, or else SHIFT+[ (left bracket) to move the layers' IN point to that time.

If you need to put a bunch of layers at the same position, you can SHIFT or CMD select the layers and then type in the position values in the properties tab. Or you can place one layer, and then click and drag the position parameter and drop it onto each layer, and that will copy the position of one layer to the position of another.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Andy Crowson
on Sep 3, 2010 at 7:51:22 pm

Thanks for that- useful tips : I think the latter suits my purpose. To clarify - 25 titles in motion for 25 different videos. I wanted the photoshop images (5 each of 5 different colours) to appear in exactly the same place on all 25 titles.

Cheers, Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]