FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphics and Interlacing Issues

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Speaker
Graphics and Interlacing Issues
on Aug 30, 2010 at 4:24:35 pm

I am having interlacing issues producing graphics for a video destined for both the web and broadcast.

The video's main output will be interlaced on a DVD, the project uses mixed sources both progressive and interlaced. Graphics produced for this piece have been exported from motion with field rendering on.

Approval for this video is done over the internet on youtube. I must deinterlace the video so that it may be displayed on youtube correctly. The problem is that the graphics in the video get ugly stairstepping in them due to the deinterlacing. Deinterlacing is done through compressor's frame controls.

What is the best method for producing graphics for a video that is destined for both TV and the web? Should I be working in both a progressive and an interlaced timeline (exporting graphics either interlaced or progressive for each timeline). Producing only a progressive video is not valid in this case because we want the interlaced video assets to maintain their interlacing for television. Is there something I can do with my interlaced timeline/video to make the graphics look good when changed to progressive?

Return to posts index

John Speaker
Re: Graphics and Interlacing Issues
on Aug 31, 2010 at 3:34:26 pm

bump. Anybody able to share some advice on the subject?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]