FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mini-jitters

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Atticus Brady
Mini-jitters
on Aug 26, 2010 at 3:04:57 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm doing very basic Ken Burns-style animations on some still photos. For example, starting out wide on someone's picture and scaling up to a tight shot on the face with a little Z-rotation as an added flourish. It's an HD422 1920x1080 24p project setting. I'll create a ten-second move, render at the best quality, export at Pro Res 4444, bring it into Final Cut and cut it into a Pro Ress 444 sequence. Then I render in final cut. All is going well, but when I play back full screen on my 24" HD monitor I see an ever-so-slight jitter. It's not even really noticeable if you're more than, say, three feet away from the monitor, but still, my expectations remain high for Motion! Is there any way to execute a move of this type that's completely smooth from start to finish? Is there a step I'm missing? Here are my specs:

Mac Pro 8-core
2 x 2.26 Ghz
12 GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4870
Snow Leopard

Thanks in advance for any help!
AB

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Mini-jitters
on Aug 26, 2010 at 5:20:17 am

When you exported, did you use frame blending, or field rendering?

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Aug 26, 2010 at 1:16:44 pm

See the Good Stills Animation Tutorial post below

Peter

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 26, 2010 at 2:02:56 pm

Do you have thin lines in the picture? Then you are having an interlacing problem. In FCP add a Flicker Filter and that should do the trick. You may have to set it to Max. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Atticus Brady
on Aug 26, 2010 at 6:34:42 pm

I have been exporting with field rendering off, frame blending on. I experimented with the Flicker Filter but to no avail. I wonder if any of you gentlemen could take me through step by step EXACTLY what you do to get the great results you do. Are you animating the still itself? Or animating a camera around it? Would that make a difference? I have seen all the tutorials on how to create fabulous still animations but I'm still getting the same result. There must be some subtlety that I'm missing. Anyhoo, if you have the time, great. If not, I'll just continue suffering :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]