FORUMS: list search recent posts

Images quality issue in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donal McTucker
Images quality issue in Motion
on Aug 21, 2010 at 3:21:47 pm

Hello,
I have had this annoying issue with Motion 3 for some time. Say I add an image regardless if it is a .png or .jpg or whatever. It always looks "pixelized" or jagged. I usually make sure I have to scale them down a wee bit to make certain the quality is good. I even try without scaling. It is never sharp and clean even after I round trip it to FCP and render. But if I take the same image alone and import the image file into FCP and do the same thing it looks brilliant as it should. Am I missing something? I have checked just about everything in motion for media settings of the image. Project Properties all that. I prepare the photo properly in Photoshop before I bring it in, 72dpi, bicubic sharper, 709 HD. Yes all my projects are 720 or 1080 HD.
Anyone run into this?

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Images quality issue in Motion
on Aug 22, 2010 at 10:16:25 am

Delete the preferences of motion and try again to import the image. Are your render settings set to Normal or Draft under the render settings. Also in the preferences of Motion under a project tab see that you did not select down-res large images images option under the Large Still tab.
See if this helps you if not let me know.
If you do not know how to delete preferences of motion just Google it, you will find it.

Return to posts index

Donal McTucker
on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:22:44 pm

Right ok I did all that but no change. Should I see the image jagged because I slightly downsized it in motion even if I rendered it in motion? Then when I drop the motion file in the FCP sequence and render it in FCP it should be clean correct? My render settings in FCP for Motion was set to normal. Should I set it to Best?

Thanks for the help on this

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:25:02 pm

How does it look when you set it to best?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Donal McTucker
on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:36:26 pm

Look the same even with render settings in FCP set to best. I am upgrading to FCS 3 this week with Motion 4. Will see if that fixes it.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:40:04 pm

That is what I thought. Best mainly effects Text. Anyways, the Photo. Is it set to RGB. Index and stuff can mess it up.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]