FORUMS: list search recent posts

Have text sync with Audio

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Minskoff
Have text sync with Audio
on Aug 20, 2010 at 6:31:38 pm

I an working on a project which has someone singing a song. I would like for some lyrics (text) to show and match up with the audio. Dies anyone have any suggestions? I tried creating the text in Photoshop and it works but doesn't look all that great. Is there a way to do this in Motion?
Thank you,
Brad

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Have text sync with Audio
on Aug 20, 2010 at 6:40:08 pm

Do you want the text to show up when it is being song? Or do you want it to animate like the text is being effected by the volume? You know, like with a meter or something.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Brad Minskoff
on Aug 20, 2010 at 7:10:49 pm

Hello,
I want the text to show up when it is being song. For example "Go Go Go" is part of the song that the person is sining so I want the text Go Go Go to show only when it is heard.
Thanks,
Brad

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 20, 2010 at 7:22:36 pm

I've found a good way to do that is to Add Markers to the timeline in FCP and when you send it to Motion the markers go to Motion with the clips. Then you just line the text up to the Markers.
Or you can reveal the audio waves in the Timing Pane to see the audio wave forms. Based on the wave forms shape it should show you where the words will start.
Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Brad Minskoff
on Aug 21, 2010 at 2:07:27 pm

Hello,
So I export it using markers and then I can just create text that shows when the word is being song right? The same way I added a psd file (text) over the part in the timeline that is being song.
I really appreciate all of your help.
Thank you,
Brad

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:41:37 pm

Just add markers to the timeline in Final Cut Pro. Then go to File, Send To and then choose Send to Motion. The markers and video will show up in Motion. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Brad Minskoff
on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:04:23 pm

Hello,
I have the video that I want to put text to in motion now. I am trying to create text that will show when the lyrics are heard. It is just a 5 letter word that should quickly appear when the word is song. Do you recommend using and behaviors when creating the text? There are three words that are song right after each other with not much pause in between so I want to have the first word to show briefly and then the next word I want to have it appear next to the first so The text willl not just be in the same place. Any thoughts or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you,
Brad

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:19:53 pm

I use the behaviors to animate Text onto the screen. I think it will be best if you place each word where you want it in different locations lined up with the marker. If it just appears then you don't need a behavior at all. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Brad Minskoff
on Sep 3, 2010 at 1:23:41 pm

I have tried to create a Karaoke effect. Video with audio where I can animate the text so that the animated text corresponds to the lyrics being sung in the song. So since the words just appears when the lyric is being sung I just used regular text without any behaviors. I know you suggested not to use any text behaviors but what else can I do to make the text look livelier?
Thank you for your help and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Brad

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 3, 2010 at 2:44:11 pm

You could always add some slow movement to the text. The Throw behavior does a good job at that. Not sure if this is the type of suggestion you are looking for.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]