FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Stops

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris King
Export Stops
on Aug 13, 2010 at 2:12:13 pm

I'll preface this post with this: I created a waaay longer sequence than is deemed OK for this program. At *gulp* 5,000 frames, or just under 3 minutes. I realize that's an (major) issue. So let me start.

I've tried to export from Motion 3 for the past couple days but continually get only part of the sequence exported, around 900 frames (30 seconds) before the export stops and the preview window opens as though the full movie has been exported.

I notice that the export seems to stop at the point in the movie where the most detail---hundreds of objects, 3D space, movement---becomes visible to the camera.

I've exported sequences longer than 900 frames before so I know it's not just the length that's crashing it, so my guess is it's the length + huge amounts of activity in the project.

My Macbook Pro was bought new Dec 2008, I will post the specs when I get to it next. It's probably my system capabilities as well, but I just want to figure it out specifically, I'd be very grateful.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Export Stops
on Aug 13, 2010 at 5:41:52 pm

Have you tried realigning your play range and exporting the project in pieces? Just make sure the tick the "use play range" option in the export dialogue box. If you are overtaxing your system, then perhaps that's the best way to proceed.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Chris King
on Aug 13, 2010 at 5:55:48 pm

No I haven't and I must say thank you---I've been wondering how to do just that for a while now but have never been able to figure it out. For some reason I never searched these threads for that truly simple tidbit.

Thanks very much, will give it a try tonight.

Return to posts index

Chris King
on Aug 15, 2010 at 4:29:32 pm

I tried exporting only the play range, setting the in and out points in the middle of the sequence as a test, but for some reason it only read the "out" point.

I had marked off about 60 frames but the preview window showed that there were over 1,000 in queue going all the way back to frame 1. Tried realigning the in and out points, same problem, doesn't read the "in" point at all, which obviously makes the whole process useless. I'm sure it's fixable...

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]