FORUMS: list search recent posts

Primatte Keyer Pro, Motion, and Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Morton
Primatte Keyer Pro, Motion, and Final Cut Pro
on Aug 12, 2010 at 3:29:28 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to using Primatte Keyer Pro 4.0, but from what I've used so far its great!

I have my edited piece in Final Cut Pro. I export the sequence to Motion, apply the Primatte Keyer Pro filter, and then save the project. When I jump back into Final Cut Pro, this strange transparency issue happens. There is no to describe it, so here is a "before and after" screen shot I've created: http://imgur.com/y4Yct.jpg

The top screen is my project sitting in Motion, while the bottom is when I look at it in Final Cut. There are no other filters, and I've tried doing a Vanilla drop of the filter (changing no other settings besides the Auto setting to get the green out of there) and I cannot get anything to work.

While I love After Effects, Motion works into my workflow so much easier.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. From one frustrated forum member to another, thanks!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Primatte Keyer Pro, Motion, and Final Cut Pro
on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:05:03 am

Strange. Seems like the problem might be with Primatte? Have you called/emailed their tech support?

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Tom Morton
on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:05:46 am

I have, no response from their official forums either.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:18:37 pm

What if you render the shot out of Motion directly and drop that into FCP?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Tom Morton
on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:23:02 pm

I can do that, it works fine, but the whole reason I stopped using After Effects to do all my Keying was so I could easily switch between the keying program and Final Cut, rather than have to re-render every time a change has to be made.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Aug 13, 2010 at 4:51:54 pm

Agreed, just wanted to make sure you had a workaround. Sounds like some sort of graphics card issue...not sure what you can do about it though, sorry.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Aug 13, 2010 at 6:15:57 pm

Tom, I suggest using the Primatte Keyer Pro filter inside of Final Cut Pro. When you install this plug-in, you have the choice to designate which program you'd like to run it in... Motion or FCP.

Give it a shot in FCP, I think you'll be happier. I have it installed in both apps, but I opt to do all of my keying in FCP. For whatever reason, the adjustments are easier inside of FCP as well.

If you've already put a lot of time into this, export ProRes 4444 from Motion for now, but try it next time in FCP just for grins.

"The deepest blues are black" - Foo Fighters
(this doesn't help me when I'm chroma keying!)

Return to posts index

Tom Morton
on Aug 13, 2010 at 9:14:46 pm

I installed the plugin for both, but something in my brain said that Motion would be the better choice. I played with the plugin in FCP and it seemed a little harder, but upon your reply I am going to revisit it for next weeks episode.

Appreciate the feedback from everyone, thank goodness the plugin works in FCP!

Return to posts index

Ricky Dominguez
on Oct 3, 2010 at 7:50:47 pm

This has happen to me if I rendering in 10bit YUV, cheek sequence settings/video processing and change to 8bit and all is OK, I don't know why it do this but it's a fix for me.

Another problem that I have is that this plugin make FCP or Motion crash many times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]