FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion 4 not reading FCP grades

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Ferreira
motion 4 not reading FCP grades
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:19:27 pm

ahoy to all!

ok so i've been working on an ad in FCP 7.0.2 which is almost complete with grading, scale changes, re-timing and a couple of effects. i now need to send certain clips to motion for finishing touches. I have a model that is breathing life into a mannequin which i am using a dust particle for. Im not having any problem with this but when i send my clip to motion from FCP motion does not pick up any of my grading, scale changes, re-timing and effects that i have made in FCP. It imports the original clip from FCP.

once i have added my effect in Motion, saved, and returned to FCP the motion effect has been added to the clip but all the FCP changes (grade, re-timing etc) are gone.

does motion only read built in effects and generator in FCP and not separate plug-ins? cause it doesnt seem to read any of them.

didn't i read the manual? :) am i being stupid? any help would be much appreciated!

cool beans

jan

MAC OS X
version 10.6.3
2x2.66 GHz Duel-Core Intel Xeon
12GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: motion 4 not reading FCP grades
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:31:29 pm

Basically all of the filters don't go from FCP to Motion. I wish they did. Time Remaping and Scale changes should, I'm not sure why they aren't for you. To get the FCP filters you need to do the following if you did a Send to Motion and had Embed checked which I'm assuming you did. In your Browser you will notice that FCP created sequences with the same name as what you named the Motion project. Open that up and you will see the original clip with all of the filters. Copy it and then select the Motion project in the FCP timeline. Right click on it and choose Paste Attributes. Select Filters and Basic Motion if you want the scale and position change. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:32:36 pm

Almost all of your attributes are lost when sent to Motion. If you need to maintain the look of your clips, export them (and give yourself head-and-tails handles so you can readjust timing/transitions later if you have to).

Sometimes I duplicate a clip to the layer above, and send the top layer clip to Motion, so that the original clip is not affected and nothing is destroyed. You can always revert to that clip or copy attributes from it.

"The deepest blues are black" - Foo Fighters
(this doesn't help me when I'm chroma keying!)

Return to posts index

Jan Ferreira
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:23:05 am

shot for the help guys! im going to go battle those mannequins full force now!

cool beans

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]