FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion exporting black screen

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Simpson
Motion exporting black screen
on Aug 9, 2010 at 8:29:05 pm

I have some scrolling text I have created in Motion. When I export it as white text on a black background it works fine. When I reverse it to black text on a white background all I get when it is exported is a black screen. The first few times I did this it worked fine and then it stopped exporting correctly and was just black. Any ideas on what could have caused this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion exporting black screen
on Aug 9, 2010 at 9:54:06 pm

I think it is easiest to take the Motion project file directly into FCP instead of exporting a clip. Are you saying you want the white background and it is not showing up?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Aug 9, 2010 at 11:33:07 pm

Please make sure that you have a white square created with the rectangular tool (colour it with white). Also if you want to have a white Background by default go to edit Project Properties and change the option from Transparent to Solid and then change the colour from black to any colour you want. Then render the animation. See my image for more details:
I hope this helps:

Return to posts index

Matt Simpson
on Aug 16, 2010 at 5:37:48 pm

Changing the background to solid worked. I don't know how it got changed to transparent but now I know what to look for.

Thanks for your help!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]