FORUMS: list search recent posts

Items rotated on Y axis never completely disappear

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
Items rotated on Y axis never completely disappear
on Aug 8, 2010 at 1:25:03 pm

I'm using a text sequencer to make a line of text animate on with each letter rotating on the Y axis from -90 to 0. Only problem is, the letters aren't completely invisible when viewed side-on at -90 rotation, so you can see a vertical line 1 pixel wide at the location of each letter before it animates on.

Is there a specific way around this? I first tried adding an opacity parameter to the sequencer but that didn't feel quite right, it gave too much of a dissolving-up effect to each letter, so now I'm using an animated mask that reveals each letter just as it begins to rotate into view.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Items rotated on Y axis never completely disappear
on Aug 8, 2010 at 3:44:31 pm

Have you tried applying the Type On behavior to the text? If it's the same length as the sequence text, then it seems that should get you what you want.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Aug 9, 2010 at 8:43:05 am

You can also animate transparency parameter of the text making it invisible for one frame or several frames, this will give you what you want.

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Aug 9, 2010 at 1:22:57 pm

Thanks guys. Looks like the animated mask revealing each letter just as it begins to rotate is the approach that works best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]