FORUMS: list search recent posts

Filters making layers disappear...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Udell
Filters making layers disappear...
on Aug 5, 2010 at 12:10:38 am

recently I was using a project with Zoom Blur filter on a during a portion of a layer.

while on the layer....it made the layer disappear. when not on the layer, the layer was viewable as normal.

Today I ran into the same problems wither outer glow...

a preset I've been using for months...

Any ideas why this has happened and what i can do to resolve it?

Motion 3/Nvidia Geforce 8800/ 10 GB ram

Thanks,

Alex

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Filters making layers disappear...
on Aug 5, 2010 at 6:58:36 am

Difficult to say. However do you have your group checkbox set to 2d or 3d. if you are working on a 2d animation try, selecting the group in which the filter is being applied, then select inspector and select fixed resolution checkbox. See my image for more details.

Also try threshing the preferences of Motion and load the project agian to see if the problem happens again please.
if you still have problems let me know.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Anthony Cook
on Apr 20, 2011 at 9:11:22 pm

I have the same problem with layers that have outer glow applied to them. I already trashed my preferences and checking the fixed resolution box in the group tab did absolutely nothing to improve the invisibility of my layers. Its happened to me before, so I'm assuming most other seasoned users have experienced this and have figured it out. What's really weird is "when" it happens though. It started happening earlier in my project and now that its getting more complexed, I've had to start reverting to an auto save that shows the layers, did 1 to 4 manipulations to a layer outside the troubled group, and the Outer Glow layers disappear randomly within 1 to 3 moves after replacing a layer object. Its really touchy, kind of feels like I'm playing a really glitchy video game where I have to save and reload my way through til I can export.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Apr 20, 2011 at 9:26:00 pm

Yeah....Outer glow is the culprit.

ultimately trashing the prefs is what works for me...

resolution check box did nothing.

Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]