FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dissolving image to smoke

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eve Myhill
Dissolving image to smoke
on Aug 2, 2010 at 6:44:21 pm

Hi,

I would like to animate a logo by having it dissolve to smoke that then melts away.

The tricky thing is I want it to dissolve into smoke in the shape of the logo that was there. I tried creating a mask hoping it would just mask out everything but the shape of the smoke behind it, but it just dumps it anywhere. Essentially I need to fill my mask with smoke, but seem to only be able to fill it with a gradient

i am very new to motion and just finding my way by learning as I go - apologies if I am making a simple mistake.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Dissolving image to smoke
on Aug 2, 2010 at 6:57:55 pm

To feel your logo with smoke you will need to to an image mask. To learn more about image mask check out my Creating a Hologram video tutorial. In the middle of the tutorial I cover image masks.

A plug-in you should take a look at that may be of interest is http://idustrialrevolution.com/idrplugins/particlemetrix/index.html

Best of luck and hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Aug 2, 2010 at 10:59:21 pm

Eve,

You could do this with with a replicator, but your project will take forever to render.
Take a look at my ParticleMetrix plugin that Stephen suggested.

Peter

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Aug 3, 2010 at 6:52:47 am

see this example, maybe it will help you. There is also Video tutorial hoe to make this. You will need Particle Metrix...
http://embryo.me.uk/wp/2009/06/30/particel-metrix-video-tutorial-available-...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]