FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you move multiple keyframes in the keyframe editor?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
Can you move multiple keyframes in the keyframe editor?
on Jul 18, 2010 at 8:10:34 am

This is possibly a really dumb question, but are you supposed to be able to move multiple keyframes (typically the X, Y and Z positions for any given Transform parameter) at once in the keyframe editor?

I can obviously select the "stack" of keyframes by lassoing it rather than simply clicking on the visible one (which is only the top one of the stack), but if I then try to move the stack, only the top keyframe moves. The act of clicking and holding the mouse button on the visible keyframe in order to move it deselects the hidden ones.

I know that moving keyframes in the timeline is preferable because then there's no chance of accidentally changing the keyframe values, and that's what I usually do, but sometimes you only want to move *some* of the keyframes from any given frame.

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Can you move multiple keyframes in the keyframe editor?
on Jul 18, 2010 at 9:57:14 am

Hi There,
There are not dumb questions. Yeas you can move, squash, etc selected keyframes. You have to use different tool. You have to use Key Frame Edit tool, see my image for more details.

P.S
My site provides more tutorial on Apple Motion, maybe you can will find it useful. http://www://embryo.me.uk

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jul 18, 2010 at 1:50:48 pm

I actually prefer to move keyframes in the Timeline (as opposed to the Keyframe Editor) because there is no risk of accidentally changing values. You just need to click the tiny show/hide keyframes button at the bottom left of the tab to reveal them.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Jul 18, 2010 at 2:30:41 pm

Hi Mark,

Check out the final paragraph of my original message :)

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jul 18, 2010 at 2:32:30 pm

Oops, missed that. sorry. You certainly should be able to select a subset of keyframes and move them all, even without using the box tool - it seems Motion is acting up on you and I'd suggest trashing prefs.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Jul 18, 2010 at 3:16:56 pm

[Mark Spencer] "it seems Motion is acting up on you and I'd suggest trashing prefs"
Doesn't make any difference, I'm afraid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]