FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristine Bates
Exporting
on Jul 15, 2010 at 6:43:10 pm

Hello-

I am trying to export my project from Motion 7. I am working on a 2x2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 8 GB RAM., The project is about 45 sec. I am finished with it and am trying to export a high res quicktime. I've tried multiple times to export and everytime Motion crashes. I have tried exporting it in 5 sec intervals and it still crashes. Any advice?

-Kristine

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Exporting
on Jul 15, 2010 at 6:47:22 pm

This is obviously not normal. Take a look at this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1885

What happens when you export at Normal instead of best? Have you brought the project file straight into FCP and rendered it in FCP?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Kristine Bates
on Jul 15, 2010 at 7:00:34 pm

Would I still get high res quality with rendering it at normal? No I haven't tried bring it into FCP although that was my next guess.

I set it to render again- 8 hours and 32 mins at Best. Does that seem normal?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 15, 2010 at 7:07:44 pm

I have found that in most cases I don't need best. Best helps when you have text that is not as sharp as it should be. In motion toggle between best and normal and see what you think.

As for how long it takes, that depends on the complexity of your project and your computer. I've exported out 7 second segments overnight that took probably an hour or so because they had a lot of stuff in them.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 15, 2010 at 7:20:39 pm

Did you say Motion 7? Holy crap a time traveler. Who wins the world series in 2011 please.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Kristine Bates
on Jul 15, 2010 at 7:22:23 pm

Yeah- I caught that after i posted it. I ment Motion 4 (i'm working on FCP 7)

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 15, 2010 at 7:28:46 pm

She meant FCP 7.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 15, 2010 at 7:33:12 pm

By the way Noah, the Cubs win the World Series in 2015. I learned that from Back to the Future 2. :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jul 15, 2010 at 8:03:49 pm

Are you having the problems with Motion or FCP. If you have a problem with Motion rendering, then try the usual deleting the preferences, I also find that sometimes copying all of your groups and assets from the troubled file and then pasting it to a new motion document helps.

Return to posts index

Kristine Bates
on Jul 15, 2010 at 8:06:44 pm

Motion. thank you, I will try that. what is the path to the preferences again?

Also- I tried putting the motion project into FCP. I rendered it and it doesn't seem smooth. It's jumpy.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 15, 2010 at 8:26:07 pm

Delete user preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Motion back to its original settings. This will not impact your project files. To reset your Motion user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences—the tilde (~) represents your Home folder.
Drag the "com.apple.motion.plist" file from the Preferences folder to the Trash.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Jul 15, 2010 at 8:42:14 pm

In FCP, make sure your sequence settings match your Motion proj., and in Sequence Settings set Video Processing-Motion Filtering Quality and Render Control-Quality to Best.

If that doesn't work, do what Zak said. Copy and paste into new project.

If you have layers that can be flattened, like a 2D motion background for instance, you could export layer by layer, and piece it back together in more digestible chunks for Motion to handle... so Motion isn't processing 10 glow filters on a layer that could've been pre-flattened into a movie.

"The deepest blues are black" - Foo Fighters
(this doesn't help me when I'm chroma keying!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]