FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gradient Fill

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Praveen Nu
Gradient Fill
on Jul 15, 2010 at 5:50:01 pm

Hi all,

Is there any equivalent to the Ramp Effect (The Ramp effect in AE creates a color gradient) in Apple Motion? I need to fill one element with a gradient color. Gradient Colorize is not giving the AE Ramp effect look.I need to reduce the number of layers also, otherwise i can do it by Image Masking the layer with a Gradient Solid layer.

Praveen Nu

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Gradient Fill
on Jul 15, 2010 at 5:53:18 pm

there's a Ramp behavior you can connect to most parameters- that help?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 15, 2010 at 6:09:06 pm

[Praveen]
I need to reduce the number of layers also, otherwise i can do it by Image Masking the layer with a Gradient Solid layer.

You can put all of your layers in a group, and add the Image Mask to the group.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:00:39 am

[Noah Kadner] "there's a Ramp behavior you can connect to most parameters- that help?"

The AE ramp that Praveen is referring to is a gradient generator, it has no relation to the Motion ramp behaviour. Check out some of Andrew Kramer's fantastic AE tutorials on Video Copilot and you'll see it used a lot.

On a related note, it does seem that AE's ramp creates nicer-looking gradients than Motion's gradient generator. Or maybe you just have to do more work in Motion to get the gradients looking as good.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:37:09 pm

By default the gradients usually don't extend the full range of custom shapes. To get the gradient to cover your full shape right click on it and choose Edit Gradient. There you gain more control over how the gradient appears.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Praveen Nu
on Jul 16, 2010 at 7:56:21 pm

You are right Gareth. In AE if you apply a Ramp filter on an element, it fills with a Gradient color. I couldn't find out any equivalent filter in Apple Motion for that. You can do it by Image Masking a Gradient Solid with the element. That means i've to create ten extra layers for ten gradient elements...so searching for a simpler menthod :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]