FORUMS: list search recent posts

Filter(s) to make something look like it's carved into a surface?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
Filter(s) to make something look like it's carved into a surface?
on Jul 10, 2010 at 6:55:39 pm

Can anyone suggest filters that could be applied to an object to make it look like it's been carved into the underlying surface? The exact opposite of the indent filter, really.

For the specific project I'm working on, I'm using Bezier shapes over an "ice" background to look like words written into the ice by ice skates before the "proper" caption flies in. I actually tried the indent filter and even though it makes the words look like they are standing away from the surface of the ice rather than being cut into it, you can kinda-sorta get away with it (see here), but it'd be great if someone could suggest a more realistic alternative.

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
Re: Filter(s) to make something look like it's carved into a surface?
on Jul 14, 2010 at 4:52:42 pm

I don't know if there is an easy way but one thing that comes to mind is to create a two image layers-one for the smooth ice and the other for the carved ice. The carved ice could be created in photoshop and revealed with a write-on behavior interacting with a mask. I am not sure it can be done that way but I thought you might want to try it. I would start by testing the reveal of a underlayer with write-on behavior. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]