FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Speed Acceleration

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristine Bates
Camera Speed Acceleration
on Jul 1, 2010 at 7:55:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I am working on a project in Motion 4 and am having some interesting problems. The project I am working on I didn't start. I am adding more events to a timeline looking project. Because I am adding more, I had to re-do the camera that is traveling down the timeline of events. The events come one right after another. When re-creating the camera I set about 6 key frames. One at the beginning to about the middle (1st set). Another set to create a varible transition (second set). and then one at the middle to the end of the peice (3rd set). The problem I am having is that the 1st and the 3rd set of key frames accelerate as the ending key frame or the set gets closer. I do not want the speed of the camera to change- I want it to stay constant. I am working on Motion 4. Is there something I'm missing or does anyone have any advice on how to keep a constant speed instead of an accelerating speed?

Thank you,
Kristine

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Camera Speed Acceleration
on Jul 1, 2010 at 8:12:02 pm

You can change how the camera eases in and out by going to the timeline. Select the Camera then go to the Keyframe Editor. Select the Keyframes you want to work with and then right click on one of them. We will get a drop down menu and choose Interpolation. You have a few options to choose from. YOu may want Linear. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Kristine Bates
on Jul 1, 2010 at 8:16:47 pm

But when I choose liner it changes the path of the camera position. Is there a way to change the speed with out changing the already determinded path?

-Kristine

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 1, 2010 at 9:10:44 pm

What do you have your camera set to? Also, you can move the Keyframes to change the speed. The closer the keyframes are the faster the camera moves.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Kristine Bates
on Jul 1, 2010 at 8:44:35 pm

Stephen,

That seemed to work! Thank you very much for your help!

-Kristine

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 1, 2010 at 10:41:29 pm

Very cool, happy to help.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>