FORUMS: list search recent posts

To upgrade or not

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Haensler
To upgrade or not
on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:00:28 pm

I'm running Motion 3 on OS 10.4.11 and thinking of upgrading but will also have to upgrade my OS. I read a lot about Snow Leopard being buggy as all get out. So what's my minimum OS upgrade to run the new FCS with Motion 4 and where can I get it since it seems the only OS upgrade I can buy from Mac is Snow Leopard?? I've never done an upgrade on this machine before and am a bit hesitant but would love to get the new features in Motion 4. Thanks in advance for any input...

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: To upgrade or not
on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:19:44 pm

Where are you hearing that Snow Leopard is buggy? I've been using it on my laptop and desktop for many months now with no issues as have most folks I know..

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:32:35 pm

I think it is smart to make sure your upgrade will not be bad. I've had great luck with OS 10.6 and Motion 4.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 30, 2010 at 5:01:03 pm

If you're using Motion more than once a week for work (or any part of FCS for that matter)- then yes this is an essential upgrade you should be making right now. :)

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Jun 30, 2010 at 5:30:40 pm

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I better get out there and sell some more jobs!!

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]