swirl with motion 3

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eclache mylene
swirl with motion 3
on Jun 23, 2010 at 12:10:40 pm

Hi
I want to do this king of thing

I already did one time with AE, but never with motion ( I work with motion 3 ). I thought it was the same method... maybe I forgot the method, but I've the impression that it's not work similar and I don't find how to do, neither tutos on web... Somebody cn help???
thank a lot!!!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: swirl with motion 3
on Jun 23, 2010 at 4:25:29 pm

It is the same as AE if the flourish was made in Photoshop. However, Motions can save you a lot of time if you build the flourish or use one of theirs. Go to the Library tab, Content, Drawings. And you are ready to go. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

eclache mylene
on Jun 24, 2010 at 6:27:46 am

you mean, drawing directly ? I tried, but it boring me; because I actually have the drawn I want, file per file (ai file actually)... it's very very thin swirls, to made manually, it will take a lot of time (I'll have to correct each line after made it to got a "perfect" curve etc...).
Well, I understand that I have to make a line shape with (I don't know how do you say "plume" in english? "feather"?), which you applied an "shape animation" wich name is (translate) writing activate (in french maded "animation de formes / écriture activée " ) I made a large line which cover ma line, after I select this line's layer, specified it a mask, and I slide to put down the shape to the mask... is it right? It works for the normal shape, but if I made a line shape with caracteristic like "ink" in liquid, it doesn't work... why?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 24, 2010 at 4:57:06 pm

I find this to be the best way to do it: Place your image in Motion. Then use the Bezier or B-spline tool to trace over the line you want to animate. Make sure the line is white. Add a Write On Behavior to the white line. Add an image mask to the original line. Make the Mask Source the white B-spline line you created. It will then write on your original line. If your line changes in thickness make your B-spline lines Brush type Airbrush instead of solid. Hope this helps and best of luck.
And for my shameless plug. My Motion training DVD Moving with Motion thoroughly covers this topic and can really help. Plus it teaches other useful things as well.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

eclache mylene
on Jun 24, 2010 at 10:11:13 pm

well, thanks !!! I made it today, it works perfectly !...
my next question was on the ink effect : I was very seduce by the ink effect in liquid palet, with the paint mode... but it seem's to work only on the spline itself and not when you translate it to the mask (yeah I know, this is normal because THE draw isn't like that... but I'm a girl you know, girls are eternally dissatisfied...!) Doesn't exist un technic to applied this effect to the existing line (in more of the apparition)?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 24, 2010 at 10:39:33 pm

Are you saying you want the original lines to look like they are being painted on like the paint ink effect?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

eclache mylene
on Jun 25, 2010 at 6:14:10 am

yeah!!! ( sorry for my poor english...!) is it possible?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 25, 2010 at 8:31:53 pm

Follow the directions I posted above which was: I find this to be the best way to do it: Place your image in Motion. Then use the Bezier or B-spline tool to trace over the line you want to animate. Make sure the line is white. Add a Write On Behavior to the white line. Add an image mask to the original line. Make the Mask Source the white B-spline line you created. It will then write on your original line. If your line changes in thickness make your B-spline lines Brush type Airbrush instead of solid.

Next, we need to get that brush look. To do it go to the Shape tab in the Inspector. Click on the Shape Style pop up button. Choose the Liquid, Ink effect that you like. Some of them write on by default and don't need the write on behavior. Then it will make the line below appear as if it is being painted on. Best of luck.

Do you live in France?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

eclache mylene
on Jun 27, 2010 at 10:33:37 am

cool, I'll try monday at work, thanks!!
(yes, I live in France, near Lyon)

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 28, 2010 at 2:36:55 pm

Happy to help.

I love France. I spent a week there and loved the food, things to see and the locals where very nice. What a great place to be.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]