FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I create this effect?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lloyd Morgan
How can I create this effect?
on Jun 19, 2010 at 1:27:20 pm

Hi, im looking to create an effect as part of a video, and im not sure where to start. Here is a basic example I found on youtube, its first shown 3secs in.

I would like to create something a little bit more impressive, does anyone know of any good online tutorials for this?

Thanks.

Lloyd Morgan Productions
http://www.lloydmorganproductions.co.uk
Video Production Dorset UK

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
zak peric
Re: How can I create this effect?
on Jun 19, 2010 at 5:11:18 pm

HI there,

it is some what a complex process. what you have to do first is to export a still from a section of the movie you want to freeze where that yellow effect is in the movie you have supplied. Then in Photoshop be creative with that still you have just exported and recolour it in any why you want. Then you need to bring in this still into Apple Motion and place it above that frame in exactly same position. After that you need to work on some transitions from the movie to your frame. Bear in mind that frame can be infinite in time.

You also have to split the movie in two or more sections to reconnect again from still to movie. Split option is available under the edit Menu. You have to select the movie in the timeline if you want to split it. Then use blur and levels filters to make the transition.

Good Luck

Return to posts index

Anders Larsen
on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:46:48 am

Instead of splitting the movie, you culd also use the "Hold frame" behavior for the duration of your graphics.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 21, 2010 at 7:13:19 pm

The Color Reduce filter will be a great one to take a look at to give the image that vector art look.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Lloyd Morgan
on Jun 29, 2010 at 4:17:35 pm

Brilliant, thanks for the advice.

Lloyd Morgan Productions
http://www.lloydmorganproductions.co.uk
Video Production Dorset UK