FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion, optical flow, skipping frames, no good blending

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helge Tjelta
Motion, optical flow, skipping frames, no good blending
on Jun 11, 2010 at 1:21:49 pm

Hi, I just did a tutorial from Apple Shake Guru, about motion. And using 4 pictures and extending from 4 frames @ 100% to running speed of 1,25%. The object was to let optical flow make me a poor-mans morph.

So in his totorial (on youtube), this looks great, but doing so on my setup, works not that well.
In my project, if blending is none, each picture is 80 frames.
When putting on the optical flow, they should start blending and morphing from frame one, but my test gives me mophinng on pic 1 for about 15 frames and then it starts to blend, but instead of a beautiful "fade-in" on the second picture this comes in about 30% opacity.... so it just does not look good at all.

Project is @ 25fps, and the media info about my sequence of 4 pictures is set to 25 fps...

So has this something to do with the graphics card or something else...

Running on a ATI Radeon HD 4870
/Helge

Helge

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Motion, optical flow, skipping frames, no good blending
on Jun 12, 2010 at 8:27:15 am

This is a tutorial I original made. The Guru guy has stolen this from me and repack it. Anyway to see my tutorial about Optical Flow go to: http://embryo.me.uk/wp/2009/03/18/video-tutorial-frame-blending-available-n....

Morphing does not blend photos well if the photos are completely different shape, say that shape 1 is much smaller than shape two, when Optical Flow is applied it is impossible for Optical Flow to recreate blends between two shapes. You must try to make shapes in some order so that each shape that comes next is quite similar in shape and size. in this case Morphing works well. Any problems send me another message. go to my site and watch this tutorial.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jun 12, 2010 at 2:30:24 pm

Zak, did you see this?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/morphing-in-motion/id287113664?i=8395619...

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jun 12, 2010 at 5:53:48 pm

HI Mark,

Thanks very much for dedicating this to me it is very flattering. Just so you know I also admire everything you do in Motion. Hopefully in future we can see more and more people like us pushing boundaries of Motion forward.

Once again thanks very much.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 14, 2010 at 3:20:36 pm

Mark, that was very cool of you. Zak, congratulations, you deserve to get recognized for your hard work. I think we are lucky to have both of you as COW Motion forum leaders.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jun 14, 2010 at 7:29:13 pm

Thanks Stephen,

I think we are lucky to have you on this forum, motion world is a much better place with you in it.

P.S Loved you Moving with motion DVD.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:08:59 pm

Thanks.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Helge Tjelta
BUGGY motion and optical Flow... at 25fps
on Jun 13, 2010 at 10:20:28 am

Motion has a nasty bug for us PAL users.... Turning out that if my pictures was set to 30fps in the inspector, I didn't get the jump/skipping...

Having my project in 25fps, and setting my imagesequence set to frameRate of 30, it stopped skipping....

WHY???

Helge

Return to posts index

Helge Tjelta
Re: BUGGY motion and optical Flow... at 25fps
on Jun 13, 2010 at 11:03:22 am

Did the same "optical flow" test in shake, here it just looks great even at 25 fps...

Helge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]