FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rusty - Drop Zone Assistance Needed

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Bush
Rusty - Drop Zone Assistance Needed
on Jun 9, 2010 at 7:40:18 pm

Hi all,

It's been a while since I used Motion, but I was thinking for this project the Blocks Templates work work perfectly...

But I'm a bit confused at workflow here...

In the "Blocks Detail" template for example, we have a large drop box, which is then broken into many boxes - like a giant wall of TVs. 1 piece of footage, broken over 9 equally sized boxes. When I look at the image in the viewer, it is one BIG drop zone image - but when I drop my clip on it, it only fills the top left box (box 1).

If I go to the timeline, I can manually twirl down all of the layers and sublayers and replace the drop zone one at a time... but there's gotta be a better way, no?

The drop zones are all called "drop zone copy 1" etc, so how do I replace just the original and have it trickle down to all the copies - am I missing something? Is this possible? It sure would save a lot of time! Thanks,

Scott

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Rusty - Drop Zone Assistance Needed
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:24:49 pm

I don't think there is any other way. Every dropzone is located in the same place so you can't access the ones that are behind without going into the groups and replacing each one.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Scott Bush
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:51:55 pm

Ah ok, thanks MArk...

I was *hoping* that since the layers all seem to be copies of one another they'd point back to some 'original' but oh well.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jun 9, 2010 at 9:35:34 pm

I think they did it that way so you could have different videos in each box if you wanted. however, if the other boxes were clones of the original drop box, then you'd only have to drop the piece of video in once. Something to think about if you want to rebuild the template for your own use.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]