FORUMS: list search recent posts

Letters Jumping?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
Letters Jumping?
on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:35:25 pm

Has anyone ever come across random letters jumping in a title or super? I have your basic white text on black background I'm using for supers in a video and certain letters jump up every so often. Its always in the same spot and same letters but not on every super. It only seems to be on the longer ones (3 lines stacked and center on screen, only about 15 words or so). I also have a suttle GROW and Tracking on the text.

Settings are:
Custom
720x480
16 Bit (Float)
NTSC D1/DV .9
Field Order: NONE
23.98 fps

I'm rendering out to ProRes. I've also tried the animation codec and get the same results. So I figured since no alpha channels are needed, ProRes would be best because that my sequence settings in FCP.

OS 10.6.3, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 16 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Andy Neil
Re: Letters Jumping?
on Jun 8, 2010 at 4:55:26 pm

What is your render quality set to when you are exporting? I've seen that issue before when the grow behavior has been applied to text. Instead, try using the Move behavior and adjusting the text's Z axis.

Andy

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Jun 8, 2010 at 5:15:07 pm

Thanks Andy. Render quality is set to Best. And not only but it happens during playback in MTN. I'll try that Move behavior and see what happens. I could always just keyframe the Size or Z-space too. thx.

OS 10.6.3, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 16 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
on Jun 8, 2010 at 6:19:05 pm

I've had this happen to a video BG layer before. Would also render out with the jumping in about 3 or 4 frames out of a 20 second comp. The solution - restart the computer.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Jun 8, 2010 at 6:22:55 pm

Andy, your solution worked. I tested this with another sequence I did a while back and your right, it seems to be Grow behavior. I delted it and keyframed the z-space and problem solved. Worked for both.

Return to posts index

Thomas Imbrigiotta
on Jun 9, 2010 at 2:07:08 pm

I've often had this problem with my text. I've found that the culprit is usually the Text Tracking behavior. The way I usually fix this is to remove the behavior and add a basic Grow/Shrink behavior instead. Just pull out the sides (left and right) on the HUD and you've got stable text tracking.

T.J. Imbrigiotta
Envision Communications, Inc.
Washington DC
http://envisioncommunicationsinc.com

Mac Pro
2 x 3.2GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
6GB RAM
AJA Kona LHe
OS 10.6.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved