FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating for 4:3 and 16:9

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve goldberg
creating for 4:3 and 16:9
on Jun 1, 2010 at 7:59:44 pm

Hi - I'm creating animated titles for an NTSC project that will have 4:3 and 16:9 anamorphic versions. The 16:9 part was told to me after I had finished the graphics in 4:3. It's basically a simple growing two-line text on white, nothing complex. My plan was to open the 4:3 motion file, save as a new 16:9 file and alter from there. I resized the color solid no problem, but can't figure out how to get the text to adjust to the new 16:9 format. It looks tall and thin, as I imagined it would coming from a 4:3 original file. Do I have to rebuild from scratch or is there an easy way to create one animation and have it work for both 4:3 and 16:9 versions?

Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: creating for 4:3 and 16:9
on Jun 2, 2010 at 3:47:30 pm

I've found that the best way to go from one screen size or frame rate to another it to: Open up your 4:3 project. Then create a new 4:3 anamorphic project file. Make sure the project pane or timing pane is open on both projects. Move one project over so you can see both. Drag your group or groups from the 4:3 project over to the 4:3 anamorphic project and Motion will adjust everything for you. Best of luck.

600 ? 600: true);" src="http://www.lonepeakproductions.com/img/cow/Steve_COW.jpg" align="right">

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

steve goldberg
Re: creating for 4:3 and 16:9
on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:55:21 pm

Thanks - This helped. It just looks stretched in the Motion Canvas but not in FCP or on the monitor.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]