FORUMS: list search recent posts

FxPlug + Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patric Logan
FxPlug + Motion
on Jun 1, 2010 at 7:25:52 am

Hello.
How can i write in fxplug plugin, which has his own window with options in Apple Motion? Any tutorials? I read FxPlug SDK Overview.

Thanks for your answer!

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: FxPlug + Motion
on Jun 1, 2010 at 8:36:37 am

Do you want to make your own plugins. If this is what you want you should look at Noise Industries FX website. I think they had few video tutorials how to make your own plugins. Write to them they will be able to send you a link as to where is this tutorial. Good Luck.

Return to posts index

Patric Logan
on Jun 2, 2010 at 5:48:53 am

Yeah. I want to write my own plugin. Noise Industries does't have that kind of options what i need. That's why i wrote this post. Anybody can send me a link to any tutorials how to write in fxplug to Motion? Thans!

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jun 2, 2010 at 7:05:45 am

HI Back,

Yeas it does. From Noise Industries Application in your application menu you should be able to see how they make plugins, you can also duplicate plugins and play around with it (make your own). Send an email to noise industries and explain what you want to do. They are nice guys they will point you in the wright direction.

Return to posts index

Patric Logan
on Jun 2, 2010 at 7:14:07 am

I wrote to them. I know they nice - they always respond :] They said that fxfactory hasn't that options what i need yet and i have to do it other way [they wrote that they will think about my solutions in future version of fxfactory].
So now here's my question. How can i build plugin for Motion, which has separate window with options [not in Inspector] and how can i get f.e. light position in Motion?
I'm waiting for answers ;]

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:08:18 am

HI there,

have a look at this. I think you need something like this. . I also believe you need to learn how to use Quartz Composer. See the same site for more info.I think there is a book.

i hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Patric Logan
on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:51:58 am

Thank U for your respond but i still don't know how to start my challenge with fxplug... :/

Return to posts index

Jason Myres
on Jun 11, 2010 at 11:57:59 pm

If you'd like to develop for OS X, a good place to start is developer.apple.com. Apple is pretty good about documenting their technologies. I believe the page you'll want to take a look at is here:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/AppleApplications/Conc...

Good Luck! Let us all know if you release something :)

JM

Return to posts index

Patric Logan
on Jun 14, 2010 at 11:25:32 am

Haha ok :]
I've done some stuff since last post. I have my own window in Apple Motion, couple of buttons.
I have a question now. Can anybody tell me how can i track the light position in Apple Motion? I mean that: you add the light object in apple motion and in the created window - position of light is written. When you move the light, position of light is written in real time.
Can anybody help me?
Thx! :]

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jun 14, 2010 at 1:10:08 pm

I don't understand your question. What are you trying to achieve?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Patric Logan
on Jun 14, 2010 at 1:18:40 pm

I want to create in code some kind of connection between apple motion light object and plug-in I write in fxplug. Like i wrote before - it should reads light position while I move the light in apple motion. I know light position is in Inspector in apple motion, but it's necessary to me, that my plug-in does that, 'cause I want to use that position.
Anybody can help? :)

Return to posts index

Patric Logan
on Jun 15, 2010 at 7:04:01 am

I found the topic where guys had same problem as me:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/pro-apps-dev/2007/Apr/msg00008.html

How to get access to Motion objects camera and lights?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]