FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create LiveType "Static" effect in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Young
How to create LiveType "Static" effect in Motion
on May 30, 2010 at 6:45:43 am

I am new to Motion, I started creating titles in LiveType for my current project, but find that it is a bit clunky.

I am thinking of re-creating my titles in Motion, but can't find an effect which approximates to the "Static" effect that LiveType has under the Collectors Edition tab in the effects palate.

I was using that to bring the text in and then using the "Fade Out" effect (from the Fades tab) to remove the text. Again, if there is a an effect in Motion that approximates to the "Fade Out" effect, I haven't found it yet!

Any help gratefully received!

Tim

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: How to create LiveType "Static" effect in Motion
on May 30, 2010 at 2:45:02 pm

All your LiveType fonts are available directly in Motion, why not just use them there?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Tim Young
on May 30, 2010 at 4:03:21 pm

The font is fine. It's the particular effect ("static") where the letters flicker on in a more or less random way that I am trying to re-create. I can find the fonts I used in LiveType ok, just not the effects.

Does that make sense?

T

Tim Young

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on May 30, 2010 at 4:10:15 pm

Ah yes, sorry. You can probably get close using a sequence replicator behavior, animating opacity and setting the traversal to random - you'll need to keyframe the opacity. You should also browse the presets - if one comes close, you can use it as a starting point and modify it.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: How to create LiveType
on May 30, 2010 at 6:26:59 pm

HI There,

You can achieve the static effect by using noise filter and overdrive filter. Make sure you set both colours of overdrive filter to what ever the colour of the text is. if you text is white colour than inner and outer colour should be white. I also applied Wriggle to the noise filter Amount and used Monochromic. Please also note I have applied both filters to the group rather than text. see my attached motion document for more info.

782_texteffect.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]