FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing dropped frames

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clinton Rocksmith
Replacing dropped frames
on May 28, 2010 at 10:22:09 am

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out how to cut out a frame that did not record properly and replace it with one that the computer generates based on the frames before it and after it.

Similar to the way the frames are made when vision is slowed down with frames auto-generated.

I'm very new to Motion so as much information as possible would be great.

Thanks

Clinton

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Replacing dropped frames
on May 28, 2010 at 8:32:23 pm

Well, you need to first export the frame you need by going to render and change render option to current frame. (you must have your movies already imported into a time line than you have to movie your yellow tool tip to that position), then export and do what I have written above.

Then you need to bring in that frame from what ever place you have saved it, create another group in you time line this, time Group have to be directly above your footage. Lastly place that frame above the frame you want to replace it with. Then render your movie in the same codec as your original footage.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Clinton Rocksmith
on May 28, 2010 at 9:32:27 pm

Hi Zak,

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't think I explained what I needed properly.

I don't have the frame that is dropped, because the tape was damaged. So I need the computer to look at the frames at either side of the broken one(s) and auto generate new frames.

I believe there is a plug in that does this...

3D stereoscopic software development
http://www.stereoscopicmaster.com

Return to posts index

zak peric
on May 28, 2010 at 9:49:29 pm

if there is a filter that does this I honestly do not know which one. I never had to do this. Have you tried to just cut the frame out and re-render the movie. Also use something which is called frame blending.
see my tutorial at this address, maybe it can help you achieve what you want. http://embryo.me.uk/wp/2009/03/18/video-tutorial-frame-blending-available-n...

Return to posts index

Dan Johnson
on Jun 1, 2010 at 3:19:15 am

You can cut a frame off by using the split feature, it will spilt your clip in half and then you get the frame you don't want out. Add the disolve behavior for the 1 frame blend. I think no one will notice the lose of one frame so I would not take the time to do the disolve.

Return to posts index

Clinton Rocksmith
on Jun 1, 2010 at 3:24:53 am

That's interesting.

I was thinking of cutting the frame on both sides, so that I have a 2 frame sequence....

Then using the time remapping duration to slow the timeline down to 200% or double the speed (slow motion) and getting the computer to generate the missing frame in between by using "Pixel Motion"

3D stereoscopic software development
http://www.stereoscopicmaster.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]