FORUMS: list search recent posts

Retiming, slowing down video element at a middle frame.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Retiming, slowing down video element at a middle frame.
on May 19, 2010 at 8:29:36 pm

This was a great thread (and response) here that showed how to slow down the time for templates. http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/170/864963

I've created something in motion and the manager wants me to slow down the video element inside the project (not the particles, all that's fine, the video just needs to be slowed down).

He doesn't want the whole thing slowed down.

It's 568 frames of video. He wants it slowed at about frame 321.

Messing with the key frames, reading about Retiming in the help section, and I'm still at a loss.

I can take it into final cut , split the video at that section he wants it slowed, render it out, and import it back into Motion. But I'd like to not have to render too much and keep everything as raw as I can inside motion.

Thanks for any assistance,

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Retiming, slowing down video element at a middle frame.
on May 19, 2010 at 8:38:09 pm

Use the Set Speed retiming behavior - apply it to your video, trim the In-Point to the frame where you want the slowdown to start and the Out-point to the frame where you want it to end, then tell it how slow, and how quickly to slow down and then speed back up.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on May 19, 2010 at 9:55:02 pm

Thanks to you both!

Message Signature:
I don't have any charming or witty things to put in my signature. So as Peter Griffen says, "That's may mama!"

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 19, 2010 at 8:39:08 pm

Select the clip. Hit F1 to open up the Propertied Tab. Under the timing section at the bottom change the Time Remap to Variable Speed. Hit the Command and 8 Keys to open up the Keyframe Editor. Go to where you want the speed change to start. Create a Retime Value keyframe. Go to where you want it to return to normal speed and create another Retime Value Keyframe. Grab the second keyframe that you created and the last keyframe which you did not create that is created by default and move them to the left. That will speed up the section you want to speed up.

If you want to do it with the Set Speed Behavior check out this tutorial on creating an exploding wall.
Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]