FORUMS: list search recent posts

clone layer mirroring parent?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Bierman
clone layer mirroring parent?
on May 15, 2010 at 1:10:16 am

Hi... I'm a newb so apologies if this is an easy one. Am making an intro gfx with cardboard cutouts of catwalk models (ie using still images, masked). You know how they walk to the end of the runway, do a couple of 180 degree turns and then walk back down? Well I'm doing that.

I'm trying to make a reflection of the models on the catwalk and to do this I'm making a clone layer, flipping it upside down, stencil alpha etc etc... learned from a tutorial by steve smith.

The first time I did this, my clone layer dilligently mimicked the Y-plane rotation of it's parent layer (I had already done the animation) So all good. But the next couple of models I've attempted to apply this effect to, the clone layers do not seem to be rotating in sync with the parent layer, and I am having to apply a rotation separately. Fine, unless I have to go back and change something which is pretty likely.

Each of the models are in their own group... I've looked to see if there's any difference between the groups in terms of behavioural options but can't find anything.

Hope someone can help!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: clone layer mirroring parent?
on May 15, 2010 at 6:48:06 am

Clones will mimic some things of the original but not others. How are you animating the original? Did you complete the animation before making the clone? Are you using Motion 3 (because reflections are much simpler in Motion 4)?

Andy

Return to posts index

Jonathan Bierman
Re: clone layer mirroring parent?
on May 15, 2010 at 7:07:53 am

Using Motion 3 unfortuately.

I'm animating the original using keyframes on y-axis rotation, AND an audio behaviour syncing things like scale or rotation to the master audio output track.... also, yes, the animation had been completed before making the clone.

like I said, the first clone included this stuff, but subsequent ones didnt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]