FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set Proxy in Apple Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Praveen Nu
Set Proxy in Apple Motion
on May 13, 2010 at 11:58:00 am

Hi all,

Is there any way to create proxy in Apple Motion like in After Effects?
I have created a project using lots of high resolution .mov files. But the project seems to be heavy. If i can set low resolution footage while working and replace with the original high res video before final rendering may be very useful. Can someone pleas help. Thanks in advance :)

Praveen Nu

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Set Proxy in Apple Motion
on May 13, 2010 at 1:06:17 pm

Sure, you can just drag in your proxy image over your current layer, wait for the hooked arrow, and release the mouse - this will swap out the asset but keep all filters, masks, behaviors, keyframes, blend modes, etc. I'd recommend that your proxy have the same dimensions as the full quality version or you'll have to deal with scaling issue.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

zak peric
on May 13, 2010 at 6:48:28 pm

Also you can render your movies with all of your filters, particles and behaviors providing you have finished working with them. Then render only that group and use a codec such as Mp4 (as it produces small movie file sizes). When you get EXPORT WINDOW use After Export Option (Import Into Project). See image for more detail. Then switch off the group you have just rendered and imported into the project. Plying rendered movies always work better that non flatten layers with filters, particles and behaviors applied. See attached image for more details.

Return to posts index

Praveen Nu
on May 14, 2010 at 6:43:30 am

Thank you Mark.But here i've to replace each and every layer manually. I think in Apple Motion there is no way to replace footage under Media Tab so that it will change all layers where that footage is used.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on May 14, 2010 at 12:55:17 pm

Sure you can - select the media in the Media tab of the Project pane, then in the Media tab of the Inspector, click the Replace Media File button.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]